Oil and Gas Drilling Mud-Log Analyst
Location: Various locations throughout continental United States
Base Pay: Salary
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Oil and Natural Gas
Manages Others: Maybe
Job type: Mud-Log Analysis
Education: College Graduate
Experience: 10 years general experience, 8 years of comprehensive mud-log analysis
Travel: Up to 50% if needed
Relocation Covered: No
Post Date: 7/27/2011
Description and Requirements
We are seeking one or more experienced Mud-Log Analysts that specialize in Crude Oil and Natural Gas Well-Log Analysis during the drilling process. Must be able to stay on drilling location as long as needed.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of employment in drilling analysis with successful wells within the United States Of America with other employers.
You will have a minimum of 10 years work experience, with 8 years intensive experience in the area of Mud Log Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
- Lead and participate in new crude oil and natural gas drilling and exploration of wells in the field. Demonstrate advanced knowledge through studies, including data analysis of geological samples gathered by drillers.
- Must be physically strong enough to gather own samples, and not rely on driller to gather samples. This is important for productivity and independence.
- Must be able to stay on drilling locations for long periods of time.
- Study and propose various alternatives to develop the formations at each well to maximize production.
- Evaluate and present the best techniques, tools and technologies to yield the highest production out of every well.
- Act as a focal point and a go-to expert on minute-by-minute updates of drilling progression.
- Must be able to show areas of knowledge of sample analysis in more then just one field. Please state what States and formations you have worked on in the past.
Our business line is infield oil and gas development and exploration of crude oil in the United States of America. Current states of interest are Ohio, Texas, Michigan, Illinois, West Virginia, California and Colorado.
Company geologists are actively seeking additional reserves in many areas of the USA. Petroleum engineers and earth scientists in Environmental and Protection work with cutting-edge technology to manage and produce these reserves, including 3D visualization, reservoir simulation and remote geo-steering of multilateral wells.
Our company goal is to focus on being a high-quality oil company, not to be the biggest. Images of the small neighborhood oil and gas company – instead of the multinational energy conglomerates – are what we reach for. Professional men and women in the disciplines of Oil Exploration & Production will be a strong addition to our organization.
If this sounds like a match for your own career goals you are encouraged to fill out the Contact Form for consideration.