Location: Various locations throughout continental United States
Base Pay: Salary
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Oil and Gas
Manages Others: Yes
Job type: Reservoir Management
Education: Bachelors in Petroleum Engineering or higher
Experience: 10 years or more comprehensive industry experience
Travel: Up to 50% if needed
Relocation Covered: No
Post Date: 7/22/2011
Description and Requirements
Seeking experienced petroleum engineer to join Reservoir Management Team.
Successful candidate will hold a Bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering, with a major in chemical or mechanical engineering from a recognized and approved program offered by an accredited University. Candidates will have a minimum of ten years of work experience with a comprehensive background in reservoir management.
A thorough knowledge of reservoir engineering and understanding of open-hole and production log analysis and interpretation techniques is necessary. Familiarity with geological concepts, emerging technologies and horizontal well applications are preferred along with knowledge of computer software programs used for log analysis. Well-test analysis in oil and gas reservoirs, complex multidisciplinary reservoir development projects, and simulation model results analysis will be required.
Strong spoken and written English communication, and computer and simulation skills required. Able to demonstrate an ability to train and manage others.
Duties and Responsibilities
Will be required to perform the following:
- Analyze reservoir displacement efficiency from well performance, interpreted production and open-hole logs and reservoir simulation model results.
- Develop work-over and drilling plans, and improved production and re-completion strategies aimed at maintaining the field production target and optimizing reserves.
- Provide expert advice and assistance on operation problems relating to your area of expertise.
- Specify design criteria and relevant operating parameters for development of new projects within your area of expertise.
- Participate in project technical reviews and review proposals for new or changed operating procedures to ensure efficient and economic operations.
- Conduct economic studies on cost analysis as appropriate to resolve alternative causes of action.
- Lead task forces to solve special problems.
- Originate ideas for improvements, develop a basis for required field testing and management review, analyze results, and recommend new or changed procedures and/or facilities.
- Recommend, design and oversee investigations to resolve problems which exceed current engineering knowledge in the specialty.
- Represent Company in the most professional way in dealing with company procedures or proposed operations.
- Make coherent presentations to executive management on various technical subjects.
- Represent company in dealings with manufacturers, vendors, outside consultants, etc.
- Conduct seminars, prepare manuals, and train and develop engineers and operating personnel.
Our business line is infield oil and gas development and exploration of crude oil in the United States of America. Current states of interest are Ohio, Texas, Michigan, Illinois, West Virginia, California and Colorado.
Company geologists are actively seeking additional reserves in many areas of the USA. Petroleum engineers and earth scientists in Environmental and Protection work with cutting-edge technology to manage and produce these reserves, including 3D visualization, reservoir simulation and remote geo-steering of multilateral wells.
Our company goal is to focus on being a high-quality oil company, not to be the biggest. Images of the small neighborhood oil and gas company – instead of the multinational energy conglomerates – are what we reach for. Professional men and women in the disciplines of Oil Exploration & Production will be a strong addition to our organization.
If this sounds like a match for your own career goals you are encouraged to fill out the Contact Form for consideration.